“5000″ — The Dice Game
This is a fun and easy game to play for as few as two or as many as ten! It’s small and compact so it travels well. Try it with friends or family! All you need are the 5 dice, a score keeper with pen and paper, and some fun people who want to have a good time! Are you ready to play 5000?
The objective of the game is to be the first player to get 5000 points. This is done through rolling the five dice, and earning points. Once a player goes over 5000 points, then all other players get one last turn to try and beat the score! The player with the most points wins.
Points are obtained through “counters.” Counters are 1′s or 5′s and three of a kind. In addition, a combination of 1,2,3,4,5 thrown all in one roll counts as “The Big One”.
The 1 dice = 100 points
The 5 dice = 50 points
Three of a kind, thrown at one time count as follows:
2′s = 200
3′s = 300
4′s = 400
5′s = 500
6′s = 600
1′s = 1000, and that’s a HOT roll!
1,2,3,4,5 all at once = 1500 for The Big One. ( You can usually keep rolling with the “and rolling” rules to rack up even bigger points!)
- You must have at least 350 points in one turn before you can begin the game.
- Each roll requires that you have at least one counter that gets set aside in order to continue rolling.
- If you roll no counters, or “garbage,” then your turn is done. You pass the dice to the next player.
- You can stop rolling and take your points at any time, once you have started the game with the minimum 350 point roll.
- “And Rolling” allows you to continue rolling and counting if all five of the dice are counters. If you are successful turning all the five dice into counters, you may continue your turn by picking up all five dice “and rolling.” This way, you can build up more points, but all the points are at risk of loss if you roll “garbage.”
- The first one to reach 5000 or more establishes the end of the game, however, everyone else gets one more chance to go out. If they can exceed the score, they win! That’s why we say, “You need to go out big!”
So decide who begins the game. Roll all 5 dice and start looking for counters! Have a great time!